Indulge in Delight: Pecan Pie with Maple Cream Recipe
If you’re in search of a dessert that perfectly combines the rich, nutty goodness of pecans with the silky sweetness of maple cream, you’re in for a treat. Pecan pie with maple cream is a classic Southern dessert that will make your taste buds sing. In this article, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of creating this delectable dessert that’s sure to be the highlight of any occasion.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Pie Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
For the Pecan Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Maple Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparing the Pie Crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough just comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Making the Pecan Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Take the pie dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish. Carefully transfer the dough to the pie dish and trim any excess dough hanging over the edges.
- Arrange the pecan halves evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the prepared pecan filling over the pecans, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is set. You can check the doneness by gently jiggling the pie; it should have a slight wobble in the center.
Creating the Maple Cream:
- While the pie is baking, prepare the maple cream. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over low heat until it’s warm but not boiling.
- Stir in the pure maple syrup and vanilla extract. Continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Bringing it All Together:
- Once the pecan pie is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. The pie will continue to set as it cools.
- Serve your pecan pie with a drizzle of the maple cream. The combination of the sweet, nutty pie and the creamy, maple-infused topping is pure dessert heaven.
There you have it, a heavenly dessert that marries the earthy crunch of pecans with the sweet embrace of maple cream. Whether you’re sharing it with loved ones during the holidays or indulging in a slice just because, pecan pie with maple cream is a true Southern delight that never goes out of style. Enjoy every bite of this exquisite dessert that’s bound to become a family favorite.